Well, first blog....ever....so decided to be fairly predictable and photograph my attempt to make a delicious desert and then include the recipe on my blog.
So here we go....it's a frozen cake, for want of a better description, it doesn't have a name yet so suggestions are welcome?
Ingredients
Madeira Cake (not pictured...I forgot to buy it, realised when I took this pic, so ran out to buy some)
Creme Fraiche (Large Tub)
Meringue Nests (6)
Lemon Curd (Small Jar)
Limoncello (The good stuff, not the stuff you give guests, the stuff you drink yourself...)
I used a 12 inch cake plastic cake tin for this as it is soft and will make it easy to take out afterwards - but a loose bottom tin works just as well.
First cut the Madeira Cake and lay out a bottom layer on your cake tin
Then drizzle over a generous amount of Limoncello ;-) Give the cake a few mins to soak this up...
Break up your Meringue Nests in a bowl, some big pieces, some small (I used 6 nests)
Add the whole tub of Creme Fraiche & gently stir together.
Then spoon and spread out about 2/3 of the mixture on top of the Limoncello doused Madeira Cake layer...
Then randomly dot big spoonfuls of a good quality, sharp Lemon Curd over this first layer...
Then, finally, cover this with the rest of the Creme Fraiche/Broken Meringue mixture and spread out.
Cover this with cling film and then put it in the freezer for at least 3-4 hours...you will want to bring it out to defrost for a short while before serving (it's a nightmare to cut up when still frozen!!) the old trick of warming the knife first always helps make the portions more controlled when dishing this one out.
Well, mine is in the freezer as I type...I shall let you know how it turns out...






No comments:
Post a Comment