Tuesday, 2 August 2011

One of those things...

So, most people seemed enamoured with my Frozen Limoncello Cake posting...mostly for the recipe I suppose, this time I have decided that there will be less recipes and more chat...

I want to tell you all about a guy called Benjamin Reilly. He's a good lad...too good sometimes. He's the kind of person who more often than not, will put the happiness of other people above his own. It's quite a strange sight to behold...he's a fairly rough guy in attitude and vocabulary, but he's got an soft-centre. He's the kind of guy who will do things in secret for you and not claim any reward or attention for it...he'll just take pride in the fact that his actions have ended up making someone happy.

Ben is most likely the first person in a room to say hello to you, make you feel welcome and try to find out as much as he can about you. He's always the last to leave, but the first to offer to lend a hand. He won't be impatient if he's kept waiting, he'll find something to occupy his mind and can be creative with any situation..seeing the silver lining on every cloud.
I'm pretty sure we all know someone like Ben, he's not the only guy or girl in the world with a great attitude...but what makes Benjamin Reilly so special is that he's alone, despite being everyone's friend, an entertainer and a reliable fella...he's still alone. He often talks about how it doesn't bother him, but I can tell it does...this is something that needs to be taken care of.

I implore you, if you know someone like Ben...make sure they're okay...sometimes all it takes is to know someone is thinking of you to pick you up...so take them out for a beer, text them, call them...just let them know they're important to you...it'll go a long way, trust me...

No comments:

Post a Comment